berylkong

Friday, June 02, 2006

My e-profile
















Reflection after the first lesson:

I found that the first lecture very interesting. The many ideas introduced in the lesson are new to me. The ‘google earth’ is a great attraction to me. I can trace the place I have visited. It also gives me different view of our earth. My kids shared the same feeling with me. The responsive face is also amazing. The use of different colour to link to news is also impressive. I thought that the lecture gave me new ideas and inspiration to generate ideas on the innovative use images in my teaching.
In my workplace, the teaching time is limited and I tends to employ the use of “chalk and talk” teaching method to finish my lessons. Students’ response is mechanical and very often they found the lesson boring. It is especially common in the weaker class where the students are less intrinsically motivated. Two weeks ago, I used the interactive software, sketchpad, to teach the idea of trigonometric ratios. Students enjoyed the lesson and felt more interested. I understood the impact of the use of images and interactive software to the learning of students. However, I need to learn more about this. I hope that I can have more ideas after taking this module.
On the other hand, the use of blog is another experience new to me. It is worth to try further so that I can communicate with my friends and students more effectively.

I found the following site showing interesting images in a way which is new to me. The link is http://interact10ways.com/usa/information_interactive.htm.

by Beryl

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Beryl, thanks for adding that link. It is fascinating how it works with all those images and zooming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home